Last updated: 23th May 2018
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect and Receive
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Choices
- Other Sites and Services
- User-Generated Content
- Children’s Privacy
- Contact Us
- For Users Outside of the European Union: International Data Transfers and Privacy Shield
hyScore.io GmbH (“hyScore”/we”/“us”/”our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Our hyScore Services Privacy Statement explains what data is collected and stored by us in providing the hyScore services to our customers.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, hyScore.io GmbH is the data controller in respect of the information it processes about its customers and visitors to its website.
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
Information that you may provide through the Services or otherwise communicate with us includes:
- Personal and Business Contact information, such as your first name, last name, company postal address, email address, telephone and/or mobile number, job title, and employer name.
- Profile information, such as your username and password, picture, industry, interests, and preferences.
Contentyou post on our Site (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address).
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with our Site or Services, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us.
- Transaction information, such details about purchases you make through the Site, registrations you make through our Site, and billing details;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use our Site and interact with us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
Information from Social Networking Sites.
Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each an “SNS”). If you connect to an SNS through our Site you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Notice. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
Information we get from others.
We do not purchase data about you from other individuals or organizations.
We may combine other publicly available information, such as that provided by business networking sites and databases, information related to the organization for which you work and personal interests and skill sets, with the personal information that you provide to us through our Services.
We also may obtain information from those in the hyScore network such as our event organizers, contractors, and local representatives who have agreed to a relationship with us in order to deliver our Services. This may include information about potential interest in our programs, company, and individual progress, interest in local events, webinars and attendance at other similar events.
Information automatically collected
We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Site. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below for more details.
Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1)
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type of cookie
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.
|Marketing Cookies||These cookies are used when you visit our Site or you link your account or engage with our content. The Hubspot CRM will record that you have done this.|
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Site to track the actions of users on our Site. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Use Your Information
To provide our Services
If you have an account with us or use our Site, we use your personal information to:
- operate, maintain, administer and improve our Site;
- manage and communicate with you regarding your account, if you have one, including by sending you service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- process and manage requests you make through our Site, including to track and administer Services you have requested;
- better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Site; and
- provide support and maintenance for the Site and our Services.
To communicate with you
If you request information from us, register on our Site, or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you updates, newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials that may be targeted based on your personal information as permitted by law. We also may, from time to time, contact you about a particular offering that may be of interest to you based on publicly available information or information obtained through the hyScore services and sites. You will have the ability to opt out of such communications.
To comply with the law
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
With your consent
We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you: consent to participate in additional surveys on gender and race/ethnicity (where legally permissible), let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Sites, instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information, or opt into third-party marketing communications.
To create aggregated or de-identified information
We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified information with prospects, partners, or sponsors for business or research purposes, such as when we analyze and report on demographic trends to measure our objective of having healthy diversity ratios across our programs.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety
We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to administer and provide the Services on our behalf (such as account creation, quality assurance testing, technical support, hosting, email delivery and database management services). These third parties may use your information only as directed by hyScore and in a manner consistent with this Privacy
Policy,and are prohibited from using or disclosing your information for any other purpose.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. hyScore may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
- Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to require the recipient to
- Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information. All account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account or contacting our support. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
- Email communications. You may opt out of newsletters and marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions on a link at the bottom of each such email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Withdrawing consent. If you gave us consent to use your personal information, but ish to update or delete it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services and may need to close your account. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in the Services or through other appropriate means.
The security of your personal information important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Sites and Services
Our Site may contain links to other websites and services. These links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party. We do not exercise control over third party websites or
User Generated Content
We may make available on our Site, or link to, features that allow you to share information online (e.g., on message boards, in chat areas, in file uploads, through events, etc.). Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information becomes public and can be collected and used by others. We have no control
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Our Products and Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13, without their parental or guardian’s consent. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at the contact information provided above. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
Reichenberger Str. 35
For Users Outside of the European Union: International Data Transfers and Privacy Shield
hyScore is headquartered in the European Union and has affiliates and service providers in other countries. Your information, including personal information that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us and our affiliates and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the European Union, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in your jurisdiction. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
hyScore is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. See the Contact Us section above for contact details.
E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield
We are responsible for the processing of personal data received under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequent transfers to third parties acting as agents on our behalf. hyScore complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, hyScore is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the EU data protection authorities. We commit to cooperate with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and comply with
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact hyScore at email@example.com.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Legal bases for processing
We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described in the table below.
To provide our Services
Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Services.
To communicate with you
These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
To comply with law
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations
With your consent
Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated in the Service or by contacting us at
Use for new purposes
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email to at firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address provided above (see section Contact Us). We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
- For transfers to third parties in the United States, ensuring they participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.