FREE YOUR MIND, DO IT
Always looking for the people with the N-factor
Computational Linguist (female/male)
Analytical Linguists work at hyScore to drive improvements in quality, classification, information structure, and natural language understanding and generation. As an Analytical Linguist, you will work both on complex projects spanning multiple products, use-cases, disciplines and tightly focused efforts to produce specific product solutions or answer specific research questions.
Analytical Linguists work in many different areas and arrive with a wide variety of skills – your specialization might involve natural language processing and understanding, phonology, phonetics, syntax, semantics, ontology, program management, human subject research, experimental design, statistics, corpus linguistics, large scale data acquisition, or any combination.
This team is part of some of the most groundbreaking and exciting work at hyScore. It’s our goal to use insights from linguistics and related fields to constantly improve our products and solutions.
As a Linguist on the content intelligence team, you will collaborate with software engineers, product managers, and language experts to build high-quality text classifiers for several use-cases and industries. You will develop taxonomies and category sets, working closely with key stakeholders to understand product requirements. You will also set data labelling policies and designs and build and curate labelled cross-language datasets for classifier training and evaluation. Additionally, you will build and evaluate custom classifiers using machine learning tools and techniques to automate processes and understand any kind of text.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
- Define and describe categories and taxonomies in accordance with product needs
- Design categorization tasks and write annotation guidelines for language experts contributing to multiple languages
- Administer annotation workflows for language experts, ensuring balanced workloads and timely completion of projects
- Assess and improve the quality and consistency of annotated datasets
- Build classifiers, and evaluate their quality in the context of product requirements. Debug classifier performance in order to reveal areas of improvement
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes – and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work as the lead computational linguist, identifying and integrating new language models and sets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of analysis products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline or several years of work experience in this field
- 3+ years of experience in computational linguistics
- Proficiency in machine learning, ontology design, sourcing of data and mathematics
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience
- Experience with relevant programming languages (Python, C, C++, Go, etc.) and experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL) is a plus
- Interest in emerging trends in web culture, media, and advertising
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
- Master’s degree or PhD in an analytical discipline (e.g., Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Statistics, etc.)
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Professional certifications are a plus
If you would like to join our dynamic company and feel you could make a positive contribution then please send your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org